When we are trying to disinfect and sterilize our house or office we want the most effective product available for our family safety. Our countertops ,floors bathrooms or virtually any surface in our home office or even car.
Alcohol disinfectants are widely used for the sanitization of microorganisms, especially those that cause infectious diseases, including viruses. However, since the germicidal mechanism of alcohol is lipolysis, alcohol-based disinfectants appear to have a minimal effect on non-enveloped viruses, such as noroviruses.
We all want something that is effective as well as economical and safe for the environment. I have found something that meets all these requirements for Ten cents a quart.
The test numbers say it all
There’s no definitive answer as to which is better at killing germs. The effectiveness of alcohol disinfectant and hydrogen peroxide varies according to:
However, Mary Ann Lienhart Cross, Purdue Extension Educator in Health and Human Sciences says" Keeping surfaces clean and disinfected can really help prevent bacteria growth". So cleaning as well as disinfecting is important. One of the most economical and safe ways to disinfect is with hydrogen peroxide. It offers a natural way to sanitize your home without using dangerous and toxic chemicals. Hydrogen peroxide has antibacterial and antiviral qualities and works better than white vinegar, alcohol disinfectant and acetic acid.
So according to the science hydrogen peroxide is better that alcohol disinfectant and can be way more economical when using sodium percarbonate.
Most of the hydrogen peroxide produced in the industrialized world is made in large chemical plants, where methane, or natural gas, is used to provide a source of hydrogen, which is then reacted with oxygen in a catalytic process under high heat. Sodium percarbonate produces hydrogen peroxide when exposed to water and has a very long shelf life and way more economical than alcohol disinfection.
New Lab Tests Show Simix Cleaner / Degreaser / Sanitizer Removes
99.94% of Coronavirus and 99.74% of Norovirus
A new study done by Situ Biosciences Microbial Product Test Laboratory shows that Simix Cleaner / Degreaser / Sanitizer removes 99.94% of coronavirus and 99.74% of norovirus from non-porous surfaces.
Simix Cleaner / Degreaser / Sanitizer is non-toxic, inexpensive and easy to use. It is a superior option when it comes to protecting the public and your family from the spread of coronavirus.
In the newly released study, glazed ceramic tiles were coated with Simix Ceramic Coatings, then contaminated with coronavirus FIPV-1146, P20 (VR 2126) and norovirus surrogate Feline Calicivirus (F-9). Then the surfaces were sprayed with Simix Cleaner/Degreaser/Sanitizer, wiped once, then sprayed and wiped once more after a ten minute interval.
Simix Cleaner / Degreaser / Sanitizer is a powder that dissolves easily in water to create more than 40 gallons of cleaner per $64 per bag. Simix is non-toxic and has no VOCS (volatile organic compounds). It is safe for people and pets. It is proven to be non-hypoallergenic and does not irritate the hands or lungs.
In all the test Simix Cleaner / Degreaser / Sanitizer removed more than 99% of the viruses.
Simix Cleaner / Degreaser / Sanitizer was also used on a glazed tile that had not been coated with a Simix Ceramic Coating, and the surface proved to be more than 99% effective in removing coronavirus and norovirus.
Titanium dioxide is what we call photo-catalytic.
For you non science types like me it means the titanium dioxide reacts with sunlight to make hydrogen peroxide. With no alcohol disinfectant
The initial clean will sterilize any surface through high ph,12 plus ph. Then the nano ti02 will continue to work offering you a little hedge of protection.
Obviously a regular cleaning schedule is your best bet to ward off bacteria and virus.
But the beauty is no alcohol
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE BLEACH TO STERILIZE
With that said if you have ever used hydrogen peroxide on a cut or scrape you see how it foams up killing everything it touches.
It is actually more aggressive than bleach but way safer.Hydrogen peroxide will kill bacteria on hard surfaces.
So how can titanium dioxide help you around your home or office in preventing bacteria growth?
There are now coatings on the market that contain the nano particles of titanium dioxide. For pennies a square foot you can literally treat any surface from floors to walls, toilet bowls, washing machines in and out, windows and shower stalls; you name it and it can be treated to keep bacteria on hard surfaces from growing.
If the surface is treated it is constantly popping off little molecules of hydrogen peroxide and killing bacteria and viruses of all sorts.
This means you can treat a surface and for years it is like a constant generator. It is well known in the scientific world that titanium dioxide will produce for upwards of ten years.
Hard to believe? Well do a search on google "titanium dioxide and bacteria" and you will see the science on the subject.
I have treated everything in my house from windows to floors to prevent bacteria on hard surfaces in my house and car.
Now of course I cannot see it killing bacteria because this is microscopic but I can see in my shower that where mold used to grow it no longer grows.
I can see on the exterior of my house how everyone else has to pressure wash once a year and I haven't pressure washed my house in 6 years.
I know this process works because I remove smoke odor from cars with the titanium dioxide coating.
You really owe it to yourself to check this technology out because it is the real deal.
Centers for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC) is warning about
"nightmare bacteria? that has a high resistance to antibiotics.bacterial infections start when we make contact with a contaminated surface.
Wednesday, April 04, 2018 09:01PM"Nightmare
bacteria" with unusual resistance to antibiotics of last resort were
found more than 200 times in the United States last year in a
first-of-a-kind hunt to see how much of a threat these rare cases are
becoming, health officials said Tuesday.
That's more than they had expected to find, and the true number is probably higher because the effort involved only certain labs in each state, officials say.
The problem mostly strikes people in hospitals and nursing homes who need IVs and other tubes that can get infected. In many cases, others in close contact with these patients also harbored the superbugs even though they weren't sick - a risk for further spread.
Some of the sick patients had traveled for surgery or other health care to another country where drug-resistant germs are more common, and the superbug infections were discovered after they returned to the U.S.
"Essentially, we found nightmare bacteria in your backyard," said Dr. Anne Schuchat, principal deputy director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
"These verge on un-treatable infections" where the only option may be supportive care - fluids and sometimes machines to maintain life to give the patient a chance to recover, Schuchat said.
The situation was described in a CDC report.
Bugs and drugs are in a constant battle, as germs evolve to resist new and old antibiotics. About 2 million Americans get infections from antibiotic-resistant bacteria each year and 23,000 die, Schuchat said.Bacterial infections on surfaces can be eliminated with photo-catalytic titanium dioxide.
Concern has been growing about a rise in bacteria resistant to all or most antibiotics. Last year, public health labs around the country were asked to watch for and quickly respond to cases of advanced antibiotic resistance, especially to some last-resort antibiotics called carbapenems.
In the first nine months of the year, more than 5,770 samples were tested for these "nightmare bacteria," as CDC calls them, and one quarter were found to have genes that make them hard to treat and easy to share their resistance tricks with other types of bacteria. Of these, 221 had unusual genes that conferred resistance. The cases were scattered throughout 27 states.
"Even in remote areas" this threat is real, because patients often transfer to and from other places for care, said Dr. Jay Butler, chief medical officer for the state of Alaska and past president of the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials.
Others in close contact with the infected patient then were tested, and 11 percent were found to be carrying the same superbugs even though they were not sick. This gives the bugs more of a chance to spread.
What to do? CDC suggests:
-Tell your doctors if you recently had health care in another country.
-Talk with them about preventing infections, taking care of chronic conditions to help avoid them, and getting vaccines to prevent them.
Treat all surfaces with nano titanium dioxide to help prevent bacterial infections
Wash your hands regularly and keep cuts clean until healed.